I just want to be on the safe side. 我只是想保險起見。

口語學習

Your body isn't responding to the medication the way it should.

So I, I just want to be on the safe side."

所以我只是想保險起見。

That means he's stumped.

可見他是真沒轍了

What in god's name is your point?"

你到底想說什麼?

In the time that we have left, whether it's two days or two decades, I think that we should be nice to each other."

所以在我們的有生之年,兩天也好,二十年也好,我們都應該彼此珍惜。



Doctor: "So, here's what I'm thinking. I'm gonna see if Dr. Morrison at the Lipstone Clinic can come in and consult.

"

我正在考慮,看看能不能讓利普斯頓診所的莫里森醫生也參與會診

Rex: "You're wanna bring someone else in?"

你想讓其他人參與診斷 ?

Doctor: "Your body isn't responding to the medication the way it should, and the tests we've run have all come back negative, so I, I just want to be on the safe side."

目前的治療對你沒起到應有的作用。而檢查的結果不太好,所以我只是想保險起見。

Doctor: "Will you excuse me? I need to take this."

先失陪,我有其他的急診。

Bree: "I don't know why, but I have this overwhelming feeling that you're gonna be just fine. I really do."

我不知道為什麼,但我有一種強烈的感覺,你會好起來的,一定的。

overwhelming adj. 勢不可擋的;壓倒的;無法抗拒的

Rex: "Lee Craig has the biggest ego of any doctor I know. If he wants to consult with someone, that means he's stumped, which means I'm screwed."


李.克雷格是我認識的最自負的醫生,如果他都需要和別人會診,可見他是真沒轍了,也意味著我完蛋了。

ego n. 自我;自負;自尊心

stump v. 受窘

Bree: "Don't say that."

別這麼說。

Rex: "Dammit, Bree, do you understand what's going on here? I could die."

該死 布里 你明不明白,怎麼回事,我可能會死的。

Bree: "So could I."

我也可能啊。

Rex: "What?" 什麼?

Bree: "I could walk across a street tomorrow and be hit by a car."

明天我過馬路的時候可能被車撞了

Rex: "What in god's name is your point?"

你到底想說什麼?

in God's name 究竟,到底
= in the name of God adv.以…的名義,憑;假借名義
在句子中作為插入語,在美國常說“the hell”
What in God's name is that? = What the hell is that?
“那究竟/到底是個什麼!?

Bree: "All I'm saying is that we're both gonna die eventually, and in the time that we have left, whether it's two days or two decades, I think that we should be nice to each other."

我想說,死亡可能毫無預警地降臨,所以在我們的有生之年,兩天也好,二十年也好,我們都應該彼此珍惜。

Rex: "You're right."

你說得對。


分享到:


相關文章: